[Fedora-directory-devel] Admin Console

Edward Mann ed.mann at arctechnologies.net
Fri Apr 20 02:50:41 UTC 2007

I would like to extend the console to be more friendly with Unix admins.
My ideas.
When you create a new user, you can also check a box that will auto create the users autofs entry, unless there is a better way to do this.
Make the UID/GID optional. Maybe a checkbox to enable the field for manual editing? The reason for this is i read that the server can handle this now.
When you add a new user, you can also add them to NetGroups that you have defined.
A specific interface for adding NetGroups and others. I have not looked into anything else but adding NetGroups at the moment.
Maybe an option during setup to enable NetGroups and autofs. So the admin can just get in and start adding objects.
Those are the ideas that i have right now. I would like some feedback.

Also is gcj really that urgent now that Sun has O.S Java?

Thanks.

--
Edward Mann
ARC Technologies