[389-devel] Introduction

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Mon Nov 2 17:05:21 UTC 2009

On 11/02/2009 08:19 AM, Noriko Hosoi wrote:
> On 11/02/2009 07:36 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> Dmitry Kolesov wrote:

>>> At first, I'd like to start with Console Features. What can I do to
>>> help you?
>>
>> A lot of people have requested to make it easier to add Posix users
>> and groups. Right now you have to use the Advanced menu.
> And ntGroup, too...
>
> RFE: add support for ntGroup for group creation in DS console
>
> This is the current instructions to use the Advanced menu:
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/8.1/admin/Using_Windows_Sync-Synchronizing_Groups.html
An idea around this area is to add support for some sort of
user-definable template that can be used by Console for different entry
types.  This would allow an administrator to create templates for things
like ntGroup or posixAccount that would result in a new item displayed
in the pop-up menu for the type of entry to create.  The template would
then be used to define what fields to display in the panel for entry
creation.  These templates could be in the form of LDAP entries in
"o=NetscapeRoot" somewhere, allowing them to be defined at the DS
instance level.

-NGK