[389-devel] Introduction

Tidwell Robert - rtidwe Robert.Tidwell at acxiom.com
Tue Nov 3 15:53:02 UTC 2009

From: fedora-directory-devel-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:fedora-directory-devel-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Rich
Megginson
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 9:29 AM
To: 389 Directory server developer discussion.
Subject: Re: [389-devel] Introduction

Tidwell Robert - rtidwe wrote:

> I still notice that adding certain attributes through the Console
> don't show up with their correct spelling (i.e. posixGroup shows up as

> posixgroup)

They are supposed to be case-insensitive. Correct LDAP applications must

not expect case-sensitivity.

> and the bug of putting in an objectClass with the incorrect spelling
> is messing with the Console (i.e. objectClass of posixaccount cannot
> be modified through the Console, it instead wants you to add
> posixAccount as an objectClass to the object before you can edit it).

Can you explain this a little more? Is the problem that if you manually
add objectclass: posixaccount outside of the console, the console
advanced editor will not allow you to add posixAccount attributes?

[Tidwell Robert - rtidwe]
That is correct.  I have added users via LDIF with an objectClass of
posixaccount.  Through the Console I could see the values for
uidnumber, gidnumber, home directory, shell, etc... but they were greyed
out
and the check box for "Enable Posix User Attributes" was not checked.
If you try to check the box, you get an Operations error.  To fix the
issue I had to use an LDIF to change the value from "posixaccount" to
"posixAccount".

I try to check it, I would get an error that it was already there.

> This is with RHDS 8.1. Haven't tried it on the latest version of 389
DS.

> *Robert M. Tidwell* | System Engineer/Architect/Administrator
>
> Acxiom Distributed Systems Central Arkansas
>
> 00-1-501-342-4127 office | 00-1-501-908-2790 cell | 00-1-501-342-3932
fax
> 301East Dave Ward Drive | Conway, AR 72032 | USA | www.acxiom.com
> <http://www.acxiom.com>

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/8.1/admin/Using_Windows_Sy