[389-devel] Please review ticket 47590 (take #2): add/split functions around replication

Roberto Polli rpolli at babel.it
Mon Nov 18 10:33:08 UTC 2013

On Monday 18 November 2013 11:08:01 thierry bordaz wrote:
> Hi, this is a second review to take into account the recommendation of
> the first review.
> Major changes are:
>
>   * Create a replicaagreement class in brooker
>   * mv init/status/schedule/create in that new class
>   * mv createDefaultReplMgr into the brooker replica class
>   * Handling of error condition with exceptions
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/389/attachment/ticket/47590/0002-Ticket-47590-CI-te
> sts-add-split-functions-around-rep.patch

1- Here and elsewhere:

if not suffix:
    # This is a mandatory parameter of the command... it fails
    log.warning("createAgreement: suffix is missing")
-   return None
+  raise ValueError("suffix is a required value")

2-  The method "enableReplication" should probably go into the Replica class,
and be called like
   conn.replica.enable()

3- enableReplication and agreementInit should raise in case of errors, not
return 1 or -1. Managing error codes is extra work: and moreover which value
is fine? Greater than zero? Zero? True?

4- If you put replica_createReplMgr in the Replica brooker, just name it
    create_manager() so that we can call it
    conn.replica.create_manager(). The replica is inferred from the context!

5- If you move the agreement stuff outside Replica, I would just name the
class "Agreement" and set

self.agreement = Agreement(self)
or
self.replica_agreement

--
Roberto Polli
Community Manager

CONFIDENZIALE: Questo messaggio ed i suoi allegati sono di carattere
confidenziale per i destinatari in indirizzo.
E' vietato l'inoltro non autorizzato a destinatari diversi da quelli indicati
nel messaggio originale.
Se ricevuto per errore, l'uso del contenuto e' proibito; si prega di
comunicarlo al mittente e cancellarlo immediatamente.