[389-devel] Please review lib389 ticket 47575: add test case for ticket47560

thierry bordaz tbordaz at redhat.com
Wed Oct 30 18:12:39 UTC 2013

On 10/30/2013 06:59 PM, Rich Megginson wrote:
> On 10/30/2013 10:47 AM, thierry bordaz wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>     This tickets implement a test case and propose a layout of the CI
>>     tests in the 389-ds.
>>     The basic idea is to put CI tests under:
>>     <head>/dirsrvtests/
>>         tickets/
>>             standalone_test.py
>>             m1c1_test.py
>>             m2_c1_test.py
>>
> Does "tickets" in this case mean "tickets for issues in the 389 trac"?
Yes in my mind, this directory would contains test cases for 389 tickets.

>>         testsuites/
>>             acl_test.py
>>             replication_test.py
>>
>>     For example, test_standalone.py would setup a standalone topology
>>     and will contain all ticket test cases that are applicable on
>>     standalone topology.
>>
>> https://fedorahosted.org/389/attachment/ticket/47575/0001-Ticket-47575-CI-test-add-test-case-for-ticket47560.patch
>
> So we would just keep adding tests to the single file
> standalone_test.py, every time we add a test for a trac ticket that
> deals with a standalone server?
Yes, if we have a test case for a ticket_xyz, we may add a new class method

    class Test_standAlone(object):
             def setup(self):
             def teardown(self):

             def test_ticket_xyz(self):
                 def _test_ticket_xyx_setup():
    <initialization of test case ticket xyz>
                 def _test_ticket_xyz_teardown():
                     <cleanup for test case ticket xyz>

                 _test_ticket_xyz_setup()

                 <test case>

                 _test_ticket_xyz_teardown()

             def test_ticket_abc(self)

             def test_final(self)
                 <triggers the cleanup of the standalone instance>