[389-devel] Running single tests against dirsrv

William william at firstyear.id.au
Mon Mar 23 22:06:34 UTC 2015

> > So I can't actually just test these individual components.
> >

> You can't.  The dynamic plugin suite is a single test, there is no way
> to just run the mep plugin test without editing the code.  Note, the
> dynamic plugin test suite is just to test the new "dynamic"
> functionality of plugins,  it does not do a full plugin test(for any of
> the plugins), but it just tests one or two key features from each plugin.
>
> We have internal tests that are slowly being ported over to lib389 in
> the DS source code.  However, a full MEP test suite has not been ported
> to lib389 yet.

Thanks for clearing that up. A lot of the content in the dynamic suite
really looks like it could be broken out into smaller unit tests also.

I would be interested to know when you have a MEP test suite available.
I noticed some edge cases with MEP in production, and wanted to write
tests before I started to cut code to fix these issues.

Until then, do you think it suitable to add my extra use cases into the
dynamic suite and just test using that?

--
William <william at firstyear.id.au>