[389-devel] DSAdmin tests and basic functionality in the lib389

thierry bordaz tbordaz at redhat.com
Mon Oct 19 14:32:48 UTC 2015

On 10/19/2015 04:18 PM, Mark Reynolds wrote:

> On 10/19/2015 10:02 AM, Simon Pichugin wrote:
>> Hi team,
>>
>> I am working now on the fixing lib389 broken tests:
>> https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/48303
>>
>> And it's time for dsadmin_* tests. Can anybody, please, tell me more
>> about it?
>> As I see, Mark and Thierry worked on it, but any other team
>> members are welcomed too. :)
> I think all I did for it was to make it python 3 compliant.  I think
> it was a work-in-progress fora future CLI interface. Thierry can
> probably answer this for sure, but it s definitely not being used at
> the moment.

Hello Simon, Marc,

lib389 comes from https://github.com/richm/dsadmin.

After some time dsadmin word was removed from lib389 but you can still
find some reference on it.
The lib389-test have been moved to components tests (replica, backend,
index..) and I think dsadmin is deprecated in those tests.
You may rename some of the dsadmin tests to the component they are testing.
bug_harness.py was used in dsadmin but is no longer used in lib389. If
you can remove the dependency on it (if it exists some) it would be good.

thanks
theirry