[Fedora-directory-users] Centos 4.1 - FDS Problems

Squall Lionheart neuromancer101 at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 10:50:48 UTC 2005

I can't seem to get fds to work. I have CentOS 4.1 installed and working
fine. FDS appears to have installed fine as well. When I run the admin
server as a non-root user no messages appear, and when I try and telnet to
port 389 it says connection is refused, meaning the admin server isn't
running at all. When I try startconsole I get the following as a non-root
user:

Console: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the value of the
DISPLAY variable.

When I run start-admin as root I get the following message:

warning: daemon is running as super-user
[LS ls1] http://node.internal-datacom.com, port 40795 ready to accept
requests

But this doesn't stay. It appears that the admin server doesn't remain
running, maybe 5-10 seconds. Is there any way to fix this timeout problem so
that admin server remains running?