[Fedora-directory-users] Centos 4.1 - FDS Problems

Vik Lionheart neuromancer101 at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Jul 19 11:05:44 UTC 2005

Yes I have x11 installed, it is required for nomachine to run correctly,
which has been installed correctly.

I tried running start-slapd as a non-root and, after fixing several
permission errors I got the following message:

[user at node slapd-node]$ ./start-slapd
Server failed to start !!! Please check errors log for problems

Viewing the error log revealed the following:

[19/Jul/2005:11:56:12 +0100] - Warning - couldn't set the ownership for
/opt/fedora-ds/slapd-node/locks/server/4346
[19/Jul/2005:11:56:12 +0100] - Fedora-Directory/7.1 B2005.146.2010 starting
up
[19/Jul/2005:11:56:12 +0100] createprlistensocket - PR_Bind() on All
Interfaces port 389 failed: Netscape Portable Runtime error -5966 (Access
Denied.)

This may be the reason why admin server kept randomly stopping. I've made
sure that no other services are trying to run on port 389 but I still have
this error.