[Fedora-directory-users] Specifying an all-inclusive User directory subtree?

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Jul 28 20:52:17 UTC 2005

FDS does not support this.  There has been some work done in this area
though, and it can easily be supported via a plugin.  There are two
example plug-ins included with the source code -
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/lxr/dirsec/source/ldapserver/ldap/servers/slapd/test-plugins/
- the testdatainterop and testdbinterop plugins.  These implement the
capability to intercept search requests directed at the 'null suffix' "".

Ideally, one would be able to configure the mapping tree (see the
example code) and specify a list of suffixes to which access is allowed
from a onelevel or subtree search from the "" suffix - you probably want
searches to go into dc=yourdomain,dc=tld but not cn=schema or
cn=config.  This would also allow for "global" inheritance - setting
ACIs, groups, roles, etc. at the top level and having them apply to all
suffixes.