[Fedora-directory-users] Admin Console fails to start

Mike Jackson mj at sci.fi
Thu Jun 2 18:41:53 UTC 2005

Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> What JVM are you using?  I'll bet you're using the one that comes with
> some Linux distro.  Right now the admin tools require the one of
> Sun-derived JVMs.
>
> --Chris

IBM. I guess the java runtime wasn't in the path correctly, but I seem
to have fixed it now. I don't get anymore warnings when attempting to
start the console, but I still can't start it...

The next problem is that I can't seem to get SSH X11 forwarding working
from this server. Now, I guess I have to install a pile of Xorg packages
onto my headless server. I am wondering how the RPM prerequisites for
this software will evolve, seeing these initial problems I am facing.
Mind you, the slapd works just fine. I just wanted to test the admin
console, for no other reason than curiosity, because it hasn't ran on
linux in a long time, but it seems that it requires some work from my end.

Please forgive me, I am a longtime Netscape DS user, but I have very
rarely used the admin console, mainly due to it's extreme slowness. And
when I have used it, I was used to the software coming with the java
runtime already built-in.

I think you can close that bug due to PEBKAC.

Mike

--
LDAP Directory Consulting - http://www.netauth.com