[Fedora-directory-users] Admin Console fails to start

Mike Jackson mj at sci.fi
Fri Jun 3 18:37:48 UTC 2005

To Ngan wrote:
> Hi Steve and Mike,
>
> I installed the fedora-ds rpm, startconsole works after install.  Then I
> tried setting all the env variables Steve mentioned, and startconsole
> continue to work fine afterwards.
>
> What do the following return for you?
>  > which java
>  > java -version
>  > ldd startconsole
>
> Thanks,
> --
> toto

It worked after I installed the IBM java RPM. It did not work before
that. This is a headless server, with a very minimal list of installed
RPM packages.

I removed the IBM java RPM now, and it still works.

Now I think that I know why it didn't work before. When I installed the
IBM java RPM, it forced/suggested me to first install these packages:

	alsa-lib
	jpackage-utils
	xorg-x11-deprecated-libs

So, I am guessing that at least those three should be dependencies to
the fds RPM, or some more stuff should be added into the FDS RPM to
satisfy the included java.

BR,
--
mike