[Fedora-directory-users] How to Start the Admin Server Daemon?

Steve Mahaffey steve at stevem.homeip.net
Sat Jun 4 20:54:28 UTC 2005

Leif Hedstrom wrote:

> Did you actually create an Admin and DS instance (using .../setup/setup)
? I don't think those scripts are created until you run the setup.

I followed the Install Guide where it says to do this:
cd serverroot/bin/slapd/admin/bin
perl ds_newinst.pl /full/path/to/install.inf

I haven't fully scrutinized what the perl script does, but maybe it
doesn't do all the things that the setup script that you've referenced
does.  Perhaps I should try to start over and use that one?

Looks like the setup shell scrip overwrites the install.inf file also.  So
if both need to run it looks like order may be important.