[Fedora-directory-users] userPassword is base64 encoded

Andreas Hasenack ahasenack at terra.com.br
Wed Jun 8 23:14:14 UTC 2005

Em Quarta 08 Junho 2005 19:38, jclowser at unitedmessaging.com escreveu:
> Hmm - error 89 is parameter error.  Something you/samba passed was
> invalid in some way (i.e. for some reason it seems to be passing null
> for the current password)

The question is more on the line of why does it need the user's current
password? It's the DS admin who is performing the change.

It's the same situation if /bin/passwd, when run as root in order to change
the password of a local user, asked for the local user's current password.

I guess it's some sort of policy that DS is implementing.