[Fedora-directory-users] change port on DS/AS

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 16:00:12 UTC 2005

Brian K. Jones wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I used the gui to change the ports on my test DS. Now I need to change the
>port that the AS uses to connect to the DS, and I have no clue how to do
>that. I can't (obviously) log into the admin console, because it now can't
>connect to the server on the old port numbers, and I can't figure out which
>file under /opt/fedora-ds stores this vital piece of information.

It's stored in the directory as well, under o=netscaperoot.
Files - edit admin-serv/config/adm.conf - the "port" attribute
    edit server.xml - look for port="oldport"

Directory:  The attribute nsServerPort in your admin server
configuration entry e.g. mine is something like this:
cn=configuration, cn=admin-serv-localhost, cn=Fedora Administration
Server, cn=Server Group, cn=localhost.localdomain, ou=localdomain.com,
o=NetscapeRoot