[Fedora-directory-users] replication: edit agreements, and tls?

To Ngan tngan at redhat.com
Mon Jun 27 15:36:47 UTC 2005

Brian K. Jones wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Two quick questions on managing replication via the console:
>
>1. I want to edit an existing replication agreement by clicking on the
>agreement, going to the connection tab, and enabling SSL. However, even
>though I'm logged in as admin, those options are all greyed out. Am I forced
>to create a whole new agreement just to make this change?

Once created, you won't be able to change connection method of a
replication agreement in console.  However, you can right click on the
existing agreement and use the duplicate option.

>2. If I create a replication agreement and specify my consumer's port as
>"389", but enable SSL, will it use TLS, or will things just fail because it
>tries to connect to 389 without a start_tls call? Must I choose port 636 to
>do replication over SSL?

It will not work unless 389 is your consumer's SSL port.  You'll need to
specify the SSL port of your consumer in the replication agreement in
order to replicate over SSL.

Regards,
--
toto