[Fedora-directory-users] support for non-localy stored passwords?

alex at milivojevic.org alex at milivojevic.org
Wed Jun 29 15:20:14 UTC 2005

Quoting David Boreham <david_list at boreham.org>:

> Is this a currently supported OpenLDAP feature ?

The {SASL}username at REALM works on all OpenLDAP versions shipped with
Red Hat 7.3
(probably earlier too) up to FC3 and RHEL4.  I haven't checked OpenLDAP
shipped
with FC4, but my guess is that it should work on FC4 too.  It is also
mentioned
in many HOWTOs dealing with non-trivial authentication configurations.  While
probably not very widespread (most people have only one Kerberos domain, or
some other password store, and even more people simply have passwords stored
inside LDAP database), I guess there are many OpenLDAP installations that take
advantage of it.

Anyhow, if something like this is not possible with current version of FDS,
posibility to use saslauthd and to create mappings between LDAP objects and
external entities (against which passwords should be checked) would be
nice and
usefull features to have in FDS.