[Fedora-directory-users] mailing lists , FDS , WinSync

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Sep 20 15:57:21 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 21:12 +0530, Nabeel Moidu wrote:
> Hi
> I am ready to use any of the mailing lists available for postfix.
> But i think mailman or ezmlm would be the preferable

postfix does not have mailing lists, it has aliases. If you want a full
featured mailing list (e.g. mailman) that is an entirely different piece
of software (which may elect to utilize postfix as its MTA if it so
desires).

I am the maintainer for the mailman package here at Red Hat and I'm just
finishing an LDAP module for mailman. But you need to realize mailman
uses its own set of users based off of its own set of mailing lists,
there isn't an automatic mapping of system users to mailing list
members, which is what you seem to be expecting.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>