[Fedora-directory-users] Sync AD

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Wed Sep 21 16:18:29 UTC 2005

>I read my reply to your previous post, and it did sound a bit testy -
>apologies.  But this has been very frustrating.  I've had fairly long
>conversations with you and others via irc about this.  I've uploaded verbose
>error log files, tried to see what might be happening on the ADS side, tried
>your modified ldapsearch tool (does that now ring a bell),

Ok, so we were already working on your problem. I've been out
of the office for a few days, hence the lack of progress. We already
know that you haven't made a simple configuration error. There's
some problem with interaction between winsync on the FDS side
and your particular Win2003's AD.

The next thing I was going to ask you if you have the capability
to take ethereal or tcpdump traces of the LDAP traffic between
FDS and AD under the conditions we tried earlier (restart the
server then initiate a re-sync)? Those traces would be useful
in figuring out which side (AD or FDS) has caused the transmission
of entries to halt.