[Fedora-directory-users] replicating configuration directotry (NetscapeRoot)

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Apr 28 14:29:13 UTC 2006

Linux Admin wrote:
> Folks,
> Is it possible to set up multi-master replication of NetscapeRoot
> configuration directory.
> I have tried and I can successfully initialize subscribers from the
> current configuration directory server.
> However initialization of replication in opposite direction fails.
>
> Server 1 current conf dir -> Server 2: rplication sucsfull
> o=NetscapeRoot is populated
> Server 1 current conf dir <- Server 2: rplication failes with error:
> Permission denied. Error code 3
Part of the problem is that, when you set up a second instance, the
installer automatically enables pass through authentication for the
console admin user, which allows that user to login as
uid=admin,.....,o=NetscapeRoot on machines which do not have
o=NetscapeRoot.  So the first thing you need to do is to disable the
pass through auth plugin (console -> directory console -> Configuration
-> Plug-ins -> Pass Through -> uncheck the Enable box - then restart the
server.