[Fedora-directory-users] Requirements

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Aug 1 22:04:43 UTC 2006

Ken Wood wrote:

> Sorry if these are really dumb questions but what software is required
> before Fedora Directory can be installed?
>
> Now, I know that Sun Java is needed. I’ve installed v 1.5.n and it
> tests out ok.
>
> Beyond Java, what else?
>
> Do I need OpenLDAP or is that included with RPM?

No. OpenLDAP is not required, and not included with the RPM.

> Do I need Berkley SleepyCat or is that included?

It is included.

> Do I need OpenSSL or is it included? What about a certificate?

You do not need OpenSSL See
http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/FAQ#What_crypto_engine_does_the_Directory_Server_use.3F
and http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:SSL

> I have completed the Setup and FDS provides the login box but then it
> fails with an error complaining that it could not start the Admin Service.

Err 151? This usually indicates a problem with your DNS or reverse DNS.
Look in /opt/fedora-ds/setup for your setup log file.