[Fedora-directory-users] Requirements

Chun Tat David Chu beyonddc.storage at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 00:33:39 UTC 2006

According to Fedora DS Installation Guide
http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Install_Guide

You need the following;
1. Apache 2, worker model. This binary is generally available on RHEL and
Fedora Core platforms as /usr/sbin/httpd.worker. It is provided via the
httpd package (e.g. up2date httpd or yum install httpd). HP provides a free
depot format download which includes the correct version of Apache. For
other operating systems, you will have to build it yourself. Especially for
Solaris - the binary available from sunfreeware.com is not the worker model.
Here are the build and installation instructions for building your own
Apache.

2. Java runtime. The JRE is required in order to use the Console. Either the
Sun or the IBM JRE version 1.4.2 or later is required. Unfortunately, the
console does not (yet) build and run with the open source GNU gcj/Classpath
java implementation, but we are working on it. We thought that gcc/gcj
4.1included with Fedora Core 5 would work, but it still has many
problems, so
your best bet is to use Sun or IBM JRE. For x86_64 platforms, there is a Sun
Java 1.5 for AMD64.