[Fedora-directory-users] LDAP Error

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Aug 4 21:26:21 UTC 2006

Joe Sheehan wrote:
> google(ing) for this - it basically says the same thing as you've stated.
> Is there a way to fix this by hand
Fix your DNS and reverse DNS set up.  Are you also using NIS for
hostname resolution?  You may have to make sure NIS and DNS hosts
resolve to the same IP addresses.
> or is LDAP corrupted beyond fixing unless you
> uninstall and re-install.
This has nothing to do with ldap corruption.  Although, once you fix
your DNS and reverse DNS, you will need to re install from scratch.
This is unfortunately the easiest way to ensure proper Admin Server set up.