[Fedora-directory-users] smbpasswd crashing FDS

Lebsack, Eliot elebsack at mitre.org
Fri Aug 11 17:28:30 UTC 2006

Good afternoon.

In my quest to set up FDS with Samba (CentOS 4.3), I've managed to
get samba and the directory configured so that it is successful in
affecting
a password change via the "ldap passwd sync = yes" option in the
smb.conf file.

When I attempt to change the password in my Windows XP client using the
standard
XP dialogs, it accepts the new password, but then promptly crashes the
Directory Server.
This behavior has also been observed with the executable smbpasswd. I'm
running FDS
1.0.2. I'd sure like samba to control the "userPassword" LDAP attribute
when a password
is changed, but this is a show-stopper to be sure. Has anyone else
observed this problem?

Regards,

Eliot