[Fedora-directory-users] FDS hangs

Saravana Kumar tuxkumar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 13:32:50 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am running FDS in one of my servers. It serves authinfo(username &
password) and automount info to about 50 clients. During peak hours(when
the number of connections to the server are high) it is very difficult to
operate in the client machines and the server fails to respond. Then i end
up in hard rebooting the server. After reboot slapd would not start(i have
scripts to start fds and fds-admin). I have to run ./setup/setup again to
start the fds-admin.

Can some one tell me why is this happenning? Is it a bug?

The only error i see in the slapd logs is this:
17/Aug/2006:15:18:15 +051800] - Listening for new connections again
[17/Aug/2006:15:18:15 +051800] - Not listening for new connections - too
many fds open

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

---
SK