[Fedora-directory-users] leak

Jason Russler jrussler at helix.nih.gov
Mon Aug 21 12:52:38 UTC 2006

I've seen one recent mention on this list about leaks in the directory
server but I have a ns-slapd process that grows by dozens of megabytes a
day.  At least once a week I restart the directory server after it eats
up ~90% of the system memory.  Right now it's a 1.2G process and it sure
isn't cached data because there are not that many entries in this
thing.  I don't recall the issue being this extreme when I first set it
up.  Cold the leak be associated with replication or some other
subsystem not active in a fresh install?
--
Jason Russler
Helix Systems, NIH, DHHS