[Fedora-directory-users] Re: Memory leak in FDS?

Philip Kime pkime at Shopzilla.com
Fri Aug 25 21:01:37 UTC 2006

I have performed some stress-testing of FDS 1.0.2 (64 bit) hitting the
server with about 4 requests/sec over SSL for ten hours and I can
reliably reproduce the memory leak. Under this load it leaks about 1Mb
ever 3-4 minutes. I took the server down, replaced all of the NSPR and
NSS libs in the /opt/fedora-ds tree with the new ones RM made available

nspr-4.6.2
nss-3.11.1

I then restarted the server and did exactly the same stress-test. No
leak at all in 14 hours under the same load. Looks fixed to me - nice
work, many thanks.

Here's the little script I used to replace all the libs quickly to
minimise downtime. Unpack the new libs to a folder and inside that
folder run this:

#!/bin/bash
for file in lib*
do
for efile in `find /opt/fedora-ds -name $file`
do
mv $efile $efile.bak
cp $file $efile
chmod 755 $efile