[Fedora-directory-users] Re: Howto on Basic Setup

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Aug 31 15:37:19 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 23:16 -0400, Tom Diehl wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Craig White wrote:

> > just a little stupid thing that may be of help to you is a little shell
> > script that I wrote to take the slapcat output from openldap and delete
> > the attributes that will poison it so you can't import it into FDS...
> >
> > # cat ol2fds-filter.sh
> > #!/bin/sh
> > #
> > #
> > input=dump.ldif
> > output=import-me.ldif
> > filt1=creatorsName
> > filt2=createTimestamp
> > filt3=modifiersName
> > filt4=modifyTimestamp
> > filt5=structuralObjectClass
> > filt6=entryUUID
> > filt7=entryCSN
> >
> > /bin/grep -v $filt1 $input | \
> > /bin/grep -v $filt2 | \
> > /bin/grep -v $filt3 | \
> > /bin/grep -v $filt4 | \
> > /bin/grep -v $filt5 | \
> > /bin/grep -v $filt6 | \
> > /bin/grep -v $filt7 > $output
>
> OK, so we strip out the above attributes at import time but does FDS then
> recreate them? My memory is telling me they are part of the required attributes
> in the schema but I could be wrong.
----
Both OpenLDAP and FDS will add the operational attributes necessary and
I should point out that you can sort of get around this by not using
slapcat but rather an ldapsearch captured into an ldif file which you
can then import (which won't include the operational attributes listed
above).

Craig