[Fedora-directory-users] Problem with SSL console in X in specific circumstances

Philip Kime pkime at Shopzilla.com
Fri Dec 1 02:02:55 UTC 2006

Here's the problem:

Running startconsole (SSL) to a remote display on a PC X-server (xwin32)
works fine and requires that my windows home dir on the PC X-server
machine has .fedora-console/ containing cert8.db and key3.db, as you'd
expect. If I rename this dir, the console hangs at the splash screen. So
far, so good, all makes sense.

If I try the same thing to cygwin's X server on same machine or to an X
server on a Mac running OSX, startconsole always hangs as if it can't
find ~/.fedora-console on the local machine. I've tried copying this dir
to what cygwin/OSX thinks is the user's home dir but no luck. Where
should I put the Cert db files under "real" UNIX X to get the SSL
console to work? Also tried ~/.mmc as per the docs but I could never get
this to work.

PK

--
Philip Kime