[Fedora-directory-users] Multimaster Replication Behind a Load Balancer

Dave Augustus davea at support.kcm.org
Mon Dec 4 19:50:56 UTC 2006

Hello All.

I want to have 2 hosts that are setup to do multimaster between
themselves. Because my application on allows for a single server entry,
I want to put both of these behind Linux Virtual Server director, which
is a load-balancer that I use for other services currently. With this
configuration, I can have either LDAP server go down and my application
won't break.

The load balancer requires that I tell the LDAP servers to not respond
to arp requests so that the load balancer can. So how can the LDAP
servers communicate with each other for updates ? I looked for some
information on how to make the LDAP servers use more than one IP for
LDAP but could find no answer.

Thanks for your time,
Dave