[Fedora-directory-users] SSH login and pwd expiration message

Kyle Tucker kylet at panix.com
Tue Dec 5 17:28:36 UTC 2006

> I've configured a RHEL3 as LDAP client to my FedoraDS 1.0.2 on RHEL4.
> When I login via ssh with an LDAP account on the ldapclient I immediately get
> You are required to change your password immediately (password aged)
> Your password has expired, the session cannot proceed.
> You must change your password now and login again!
>
> After that I change the password and login again and I get the same error again.
> Any idea what's causing this? Is it an ACL that's preventing some
> attributes to be updates? Which attributes? If I just for testing
> delete these attributes I should get rid of this message, shouldn't I?

Assuming you're using shadowAccount attributes for your password expiry, you
are seeing just what I saw until "write for self" access was given to users
to up the shadowLastChange attribute. Here's how I fixed it in admin console.

In Directory tab, select root domain

Right click and select "Set Access Permissions"

Select "Enable self-write for common attributes" and click on Edit

After "userPassword", insert "|| shadowLastChange " and click on OK and
again on OK on the parent window.

--
- Kyle