[Fedora-directory-users] SSH login and pwd expiration message

Kyle Tucker kylet at panix.com
Tue Dec 5 18:31:25 UTC 2006

> > After "userPassword", insert "|| shadowLastChange " and click on OK and
> > again on OK on the parent window.
>
> The problem we had with using the shadow attributes is that not all
> platforms honor them (I don't recall seeing Solaris update
> shadowLastChange).

Well that's unsettling. I'd have thought the nss_ldap would provide
adherence to RFC2307, where I believe shadowAccount to be outlined,
across platforms. And I'd have thought Solaris to support it foremost.
My implementations have been all Linux, but I know what I am going to
test next.

> You'd also need to remember to update the
> shadowLastChange attribute manually if you reset a user's password by
> some mechanism outside of PAM (from the Administrator's Console, for
> example).

Yes, I set this to today's date in my management scripts for command
line account maintenance.

FWIW, these scripts, and their templates, are here if anyone finds any use
for them.

http://www.panix.com/~kylet/ldap

--
- Kyle