[Fedora-directory-users] Adding admin users

Jo De Troy jo.de.troy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 15:19:25 UTC 2006

Hi Rich,

what exactly do you mean? Searching for the uid=admin?
So adding a user to the Directory Administrators is not good enough.  What
extra rights does an extra admin user need? And how should I enable these
rights for this user? Can I do this from the console? Or do I better do it
via an ldif import?

Thanks in advance,
Jo

>     Hello,
>
>     I was wondering what the correct way is to add a extra admin user (not
>     directory manager or admin) who could login via the console to do
>     maintenance tasks. Add users/groups, reset passwords, unlock users,
>     restore backups, do imports, etc
>     I tried adding a user as uniquemember to the group Directory
>     Administrators and I can login to the console but I can only see the
>     domain in the default view I cannot select the server or the admin
>     server or directory server console.
>     I guess using an aci for every specific user that needs privileged
>     access is not the best way.

No. I suggest searching for the uid=admin user that gets created during
setup.

    Thanks in advance,