[Fedora-directory-users] Adding admin users

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Dec 6 13:26:00 UTC 2006

Jo De Troy wrote:
> Hi Rich,
>
> what exactly do you mean? Searching for the uid=admin?
> So adding a user to the Directory Administrators is not good enough.
> What extra rights does an extra admin user need? And how should I
> enable these rights for this user? Can I do this from the console? Or
> do I better do it via an ldif import?
First, look at an LDIF dump of o=netscaperoot and your userdatabase (I
suggest using db2ldif:)

./db2ldif -U -s o=netscaperoot -a /tmp/nsroot.ldif

Also do the same for your user suffix e.g. -s "dc=example,dc=com"
Use -U to disable line wrapping, which makes using grep easier.

Then, just grep for uid=admin to see which entries have an aci which
explicitly calls out uid=admin, and which groups have uid=admin added to
them.

Then, do the same for your dse.ldif, in the entries and children of "",
cn=schema, cn=config, and cn=monitor.   dse.ldif is already in ldif
format, so you can just grep it.