[Fedora-directory-users] Multiple Servers. Multiple Consoles?

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Dec 8 18:24:34 UTC 2006

Dave Augustus wrote:
> But of course the console is required to *manage* one or more instances
> of FDS. So it would seem that having the management console on more than
> one server would be beneficial from a high-availability standpoint. Is
> there a method to add an existing install of FDS to an existing install
> of the FDS admin ?
>
> As I said, I have 2 servers in a multimaster configuration. I am running
> the console on both. Can I add the non-local instance of FDS to the
> local version? That would give me the ability to manage both servers
> from either one of the FDS admin consoles.

It is possible, but not easy.  The best way I can think of would be to
actually do this to see what entries are created.  E.g. setup a new ds
instance using setup and register it with your configuration ds.  Take a
db2ldif dump of o=netscaperoot on your configuration ds before and
after, and compare.  Also compare the dse.ldif from the new console
instance with the instance that is not in the console.