[Fedora-directory-users] can't lookup UNIX group Domain Admins

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Dec 16 16:30:57 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 22:24 -0800, listman wrote:
> >> ----
> >> sounds like you are looking for smbldap-tools from idealx
> >>
> >> Perhaps you are using packaging from a distribution that offers these
> >> tools or start here if that is indeed what you are looking for...
> >>
> >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/smbldap-tools
> >>
> >> Craig
> >>
> > Thanks Craig
> > That does explain the scripts that I read about but it's not helping my
> > problem any.
> > I'm going through the samba doc on the FDS site and keep running into
> > problems here and no one seems to know the answer. I have installed
> > everything I need, configurd samba, ldap, bind, and everything else
> > refrenced from the FDS site. I'm missing something thats isn't covered on
> > the site but I dont know enough to figure out what it is. Heres my
> > smb.conf file if that helps any..
> >
> > [global]
> > workgroup = DEPFYFFER
> > security = user
> > passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://depfyffer.com
> > ldap admin dn = cn=Directory Manager
> > ldap suffix = dc=depfyffer,dc=com
> > ldap user suffix = ou=People
> > ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
> > ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
> >
> > add machine script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"
> > add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
> > ldap delete dn = Yes
> > #delete user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-userdel "%u"
> > add group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p "%g"
> > #delete group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupdel "%g"
> > add user to group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m "%u" "%g"
> > delete user from group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x "%u"
> > "%g"
> > set primary group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g "%g" "%u"
> > add machine script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"
> >
> > log file = /var/log/%m.log
> > socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
> >
> > os level = 33
> > domain logons = yes
> > domain master = yes
> > local master = yes
> > preferred master = yes
> >
> > wins support = yes
> >
> > logon home = \\%L\%u\profiles
> > logon path = \\%L\profiles\%u
> > logon drive = H:
> >
> > template shell = /bin/false
> > winbind use default domain = no
> >
> > [netlogon]
> > path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon
> > read only = yes
> > browsable = no
> >
> > [profiles]
> > path = /var/lib/samba/profiles
> > read only = no
> > create mask = 0600
> > directory mask = 0700
> >
> > [homes]
> > browsable = no
> > writable = yes
> >

> This may help also??
>
> [root at depfyffer log]# smbpasswd -D 10 -a -m
> Netbios name list:-
> my_netbios_names[0]="DEPFYFFER"
> [...]
----
assuming that you have installed smbldap-tools installed and configured
properly (assuming facts not in evidence from the above), you would need
to run smblpdap_populate which will automatically populate your LDAP
with the needed configuration entries for Samba to work properly.

Official Samba documentation lists the idealx tools (smbldap-tools)
information here...
http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/happy.html#sbeidealx

and consider this section on making happy users...
http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/happy.html#id2574922

Craig