[Fedora-directory-users] Migration from i-planet 52

Eddie C edlinuxguru at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 01:16:49 UTC 2006

The document I had suggested using ldapsearch and ldapadd to migrate data.
If lidf2db commands are faster/better I will use them.

>> Try creating all of the required indexes first, then doing the import of
>> your original LDIF.

I am willing to try this, but It is scary to me. I would have rather you
said I must be doing something wrong...because....

Our LDAP database has been in production for 6 years. We add indexes to our
i-planet on average twice a year due to new software or new features. Your
advice is almost suggesting that adding new indexes can corrupt the
database.

I will try again from scratch using everyones advice of course.

Thank you,
Edward