[Fedora-directory-users] DNS?

listman listman at nerdherdclan.com
Sat Dec 23 05:14:43 UTC 2006

> I'm installing on a server I've got at home, and at the end of the setup I
> get the  gethostbyname failed when creating the server; I'm assuming this
> is
> because the server is unable to get DNS cause there is none. Is there a
> way
> around this cause it seems like the setup doesn't finish properly?
>
> As well, if I go to redo the setup, is it better to uninstall, rpm -e the
> rpm, then reinstall, run the setup again? When I try to do the setup I get
> an error after it asks for the admin username and password, seems like
> it's
> trying to connect and access information that didn't get into the ldap?
>
> Thanks, I hope that all makes sense to someone.

I ended up installing bind and configuring dns locally. I wasn't able to
get all the pieces to fit without it. I'm still having a few problems but
no longer from DNS.
I thought there was a way to remove a server but dont recall off hand. I'm
actually just running rpm -e but there is an uninstall script at
/opt/fedora-ds/uninstall