[Fedora-directory-users] Password lockout and Account inactivation

Ankur Agarwal ankur_agwal at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 26 18:52:18 UTC 2006

Hi,

  In my application i need to implement password lockout (after 3 unsuccessful attempts) and account inactivation by admin. I am using Weblogic security provider for authenticating my users residing in redhat LDAP. I have 2 questions:

  1) Using directory management console i have set lockout account after 3 login attempts. Account does get locked out but i dont know which attribute gets set in user profile to indicate the same?

  2) For account inactivation i am setting nsAccountLock=true. Is this correct?

  When i am trying to login i always get same exception that login failed. Is there a mechanism so that i can identify why login failed ie due to password lockout or account inactivation?

  regards,
  Ankur

http://mail.yahoo.com