[Fedora-directory-users] Samba integration

Felipe Alfaro Solana felipe.alfaro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 23:49:51 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have seen Fedora Directory Server console has support for "NT User"
attributes when creating a new user in the directory. However, it
seems the enabling the "NT User" capability uses an objectclass named
"ntuser" instead of using "sambaSamAccount", which is the correct
objectclass for Samba 3.0 integration. Can this be changed?

Also, Fedora Directory Server has a plugin for Password Modify
(LDAP_EXTOP_PASSMOD) which requires the invoker to always supply the
original password along the new password. This causes problems when
trying to use password synchronization between Samba and FDS, since
Samba can't supply the original password. Can this be changed? It
seems to me the only way of fixing this is by modifying the source
file sources/ldapserver/ldap/servers/slapd/passwd_extop.c, but the
building process seems overwhelming for me to try.

Any ideas?
Thanks!