[Fedora-directory-users] problems after server rename

Mike Jackson mj at sci.fi
Wed Feb 15 18:02:40 UTC 2006

Ulli Horlacher wrote:
> My boss forced me to rename the server hostname (I KNOW this is a stupid
> idea, but ...) and now I have the following situation:
>
> lanldap4:/opt/fedora-ds# ./start-admin
> lanldap4:/opt/fedora-ds# tail admin-serv/logs/error
> [Wed Feb 15 14:53:42 2006] [crit] mod_admserv_post_config(): unable to build user/group LDAP server info: unable to set User/Group baseDN
> Configuration Failed
>
> The admin server is not running and I cannot connect with startconsole.
>
> I suppose I have to change some configs (in
> /opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/config ?) but which ones?

This is most definitely not supported. I was able to change a server
name only after first switching to a generic instance name. Still, it
required modifications to 24 files in various places.

I suggest you rename the server back to it's original name, start the
directory, take an ldif export, completely remove the fds RPM and
/opt/fedora-ds, rename the server, reinstall fds, and reload your ldif.

Yes, it is a PITA.

--
mike