[Fedora-directory-users] solaris 10 SSL connections

Susan logastellus at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 20:28:30 UTC 2006

--- George Holbert <gholbert at broadcom.com> wrote:

> The ldapsearch command doesn't look in /var/ldap for the cert db.  It
> uses the current directory as the default cert db path.
> You can run ldapsearch from /var/ldap, or give it a "-P /var/ldap"
> argument to use the cert db in /var/ldap.

yea, I tried that also, same result.  It just doesn't encrypt the connection.

> Also, the -v arg might help you narrow down what's happening.

that doesn't add any more info.

> by earlier versions of the NSS tools.  Solaris 10 might be able to use
> cert8.db.

i've renamed cert8 to cert7, same thing.  Everything goes clear text for some reason....?

Now, if I take this exact same command, copy/paste into a linux box (I've to append -x for simple
auth) then voila! it all get scrambled and ethereal says "invalid LDAP header," because it can't
parse SSL on LDAP port.

So, it looks like FDS is OK but the solaris is no good here...  NO IDEA why..

George, do you have ssl-enabled solaris ldap auth working with FDS?