[Fedora-directory-users] install problem: can't start admin server

Dan Lipsitt danlipsitt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 21:40:52 UTC 2006

I've put aside my attempts to install on em64t for the moment and
tried installing on a 32-bit machine running Fedora Core 4.

I get this error during the rpm install:

----- snip ----
[slapd-www]: [16/Feb/2006:16:39:24 -0500] - Fedora-Directory/1.0.1
B2005.342.165 starting up
[slapd-www]: [16/Feb/2006:16:39:24 -0500] - slapd started.  Listening
on All Interfaces port 389 for LDAP requests
Your new directory server has been started.
Created new Directory Server
Start Slapd Starting Slapd server configuration.
Success Slapd Added Directory Server information to Configuration Server.
Configuring Administration Server...
Setting up Administration Server Instance...
Configuring Administration Tasks in Directory Server...
Configuring Global Parameters in Directory Server...
Can't start Admin server [/opt/fedora-ds/start-admin > /tmp/filewvJ2og
2>&1] (error: No such file or directory)You can now use the console.
Here is the command to use to start the console:

Also, if I cd to /opt/fedora-ds and run start admin, I get no messages
on the console, but if I then run restart-admin it then says "server
not running"

Dan