[Fedora-directory-users] Re: Username Case Sensitivity

Scott Boggs sboggs at trustedcs.com
Mon Feb 20 20:36:15 UTC 2006

Scott Boggs <sboggs <at> trustedcs.com> writes:

> > Ok.  I suppose you could change the syntax of that attribute, but that
> > is strongly discouraged.  What is your application that requires all
> > lower case uids?
> >

> Not really a application, but having to meet a site security policy.
>
> thank you.

Thank you to everyone for helping me out with this (non-traditional) solution
for my username case sensitivity issue.  Following what Jeff outlined I am
approaching my new oid for a new attribute 'altuid' with the syntax for 2.5.13.5
(caseExactMatch) and 2.5.13.7 (caseExactSubstringMatch).  Since these are
standard matching rules will I have to define them in anyway for FDS to use
them? and just to double check , would there be any reason I should not use
these syntax definitions? Last thing I want to do is screw up my FDS.  Thanks
again for everyone's time.

To clarify, my FDS will not be interacting outside it's private realm and not
with any applications, so I am hoping this approach is viable for my FDS