[Fedora-directory-users] Extending the Schema

Scott Boggs sboggs at trustedcs.com
Tue Feb 21 16:06:40 UTC 2006

I used another thread to discuss forcing the schema to adhear to
caseSensitivity.   As pointed out by the responses from many of the FDS vets out
there, breaking the RFC would be bad.  I am looking for another solution to
enforcing exact matches for my users during the login process (non-case
specific).  This is strictly to support site security policy and not a result of
any application integration.

To stay in compliance with RFC standards and to save myself headaches down the
road, I need to know if I can change the syntax for the attribute 'uid' to
follow something like distinguishedNameMatch for attribute type specification or
is there another method to match uid exactly (i.e uid=Test where "Test" not
"test" must be used to login).

Would applying the schema in this manner violate any RFC standards?  Again I am
simply trying to enforce a exact character input during login and not trying to
change LDAP to enforce any form of case matching.

Thanks for all the help on this question.