[Fedora-directory-users] Disabling vlv support

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Mon Feb 27 16:07:06 UTC 2006

Reinhard Nappert wrote:

>Unfortunately there is a bug (iPlanet/SUN Directory Server used to have
>the same bug, but it was fixed recently). In case you perform vlv
>searches and modifications occur at the same time the server hangs. Have
>a look at the release notes
>(http://docs.sun.com/source/819-1814-10/relnotes_ds51sp4.html) bug-id
>4973380. Therefore, I do not want to accept any vlv requests.

This must be related to _indexed_ vlv requests concurrent with updates.
I don't believe that a non-indexed vlv request can deadlock an update.

Anyway, why don't you file the bug against FDS and get it fixed ????
(If you're sure that the bug is present in FDS then presumably you
have a reproduction case that can be pased into the bug report).

Is there a public Sun bugzilla where we can look at their bug report ?
(I believe the answer to that is no, but perhaps I'm not looking hard
enough...)