[Fedora-directory-users] fedora directory server on Windows

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Fri Jun 2 13:30:34 UTC 2006

Paul, while the paragraph here
http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Building#Windows
implies that FDS builds on Windows. In fact it doesn't.
It _could_ be made to build, install and run on Windows,
since there was a Windows version of its ancestor products.
But I'd be astonished if someone could get it to build and install
with  less than a month's solid work. It might take three months.
This isn't something that you'll be able to do with answers to
one or two simple questions on this list. (unfortunately).
You'll need to study and understand the build process,
and also write quite a bit of code in order to complete the project.

Removing the admin server from the build will help
(although I guess one might question the usefulness of
the result), but it isn't by any means all that needs to be done.