[Fedora-directory-users] TLS trace: SSL3 alert write:fatal:unknown CA

Jeff Gamsby JFGamsby at lbl.gov
Fri Jun 2 15:49:50 UTC 2006

Jeff Gamsby
Center for X-Ray Optics
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
(510) 486-7783

Richard Megginson wrote:
> Jeff Gamsby wrote:
>> I am trying to get FDS 1.0.2 working in SSL mode. I am using a
>> OpenSSL CA, I have installed the Server Cert and the CA Cert, can
>> start FDS in SSL mode, but when I run
>> ldapsearch -x -ZZ  I get TLS trace: SSL3 alert write:fatal:unknown CA.
> Did you follow this - http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:SSL
I did, but that didn't work for me. The only thing that I did this time
was generate a request from the "Manage Certificates", sign the request
using my OpenSSL CA, and install the Server and CA Certs. Then I turned
on SSL in the Admin console, and restarted the server.

When I followed the instructions from the link, I couldn't even get FDS
to start in SSL mode.

>> In /etc/ldap.conf, I have put in
>> TLS_CACERT /path/to/cert
> Is this the same /path/to/cacert.pem as below?
Yes