[Fedora-directory-users] apache ldap over SSL.

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Thu Jun 8 15:29:21 UTC 2006

Mickael Besse wrote:

> Note this message in access log when the httpd server start
> LDAP: Built with OpenLDAP LDAP SDK
> LDAP: SSL support unavailable

This message tells you that SSL support is not available in the OpenLDAP
SDK linked to by mod_auth_ldap.

You need to make sure that OpenLDAP is built with SSL enabled, or
mod_auth_ldap is linked to an LDAP library that has SSL enabled,
otherwise none of the SSL LDAP support will work.

> I want to rebuild the srpm from fedora core 3 updates, and include
> --with-ldap-sdk=netscape for the auth_ldap module.
> But I have no idea where to specifie this. httpd.spec file defines core
> options, but not modules options.

This isn't true, both module and core options are specified on the same
./configure line, as the modules are included in the same rpm. Just
change the ./configure line as you require to include the Netscape LDAP
SDK, and watch the compile to make sure you are not still picking up
OpenLDAP. If you want to use mod_auth_ldap for anything in production, I
suggest downloading and installing httpd v2.2 (available from Apache
either as source or as an SRPM) rather than the httpd v2.0 that comes
with Fedora 3. Lots of things in v2.0 were fixed in v2.2.

Regards,
Graham