[Fedora-directory-users] Person object unable to update their own attributes

Paul Clayton Paul.Clayton at intecbilling.com
Tue Jun 13 14:57:22 UTC 2006

I have set up a special user with the details

Cn=nextuid,ou=Cape Town,dc=mycompany,dc=com

The main attribute is "uid".
In this is attribute, is a number for example "500"

My PHP program uses this person object to determine the next "uid" to use when creating a new user.

Problem I am experiencing, is that I am not able to update or modify this person object using the person objects (cn=nextuid) own credentials.

I get a "Insufficient 'write' privilege to the 'uid' attribute of entry" (error 50)

The ACL allows self write and targets the attribute. Any ideas were I am going wrong.

Regards

Paul Clayton

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be legally
privileged and/or copyright material of Intec Telecom Systems PLC (or its
affiliated companies). If you are not an intended or authorised recipient
of this e-mail or have received it in error, please delete it immediately
and notify the sender by e-mail. In such a case, reading, reproducing,
printing or further dissemination of this e-mail or its contents is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.
Intec Telecom Systems PLC does not represent or warrant that an attachment
hereto is free from computer viruses or other defects. The opinions
expressed in this e-mail and any attachments may be those of the author and
are not necessarily those of Intec Telecom Systems PLC.